|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2008)|
|A bacon, egg & cheese McGriddles|
|Nutritional value per serving|
|Serving size||1 sandwich (173 g)|
|Energy||420 kcal (1,800 kJ)|
|Carbohydrates||48 g (16%)|
|- Sugars||15 g|
|- Dietary fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Fat||19 g (29%)|
|- saturated||8 g (39%)|
|- trans||0 g|
|Vitamin A equiv.||90 Î¼g (11%)|
|Vitamin C||0 mg (0%)|
|Calcium||200 mg (20%)|
|Iron||1.9 mg (15%)|
|Sodium||1190 mg (79%)|
|Energy from fat||170 kcal (710 kJ)|
|Cholesterol||240 mg (80%)|
|May vary outside US market.
Percentages are roughly approximated
using US recommendations for adults.
Source: www.mcdonalds.com (PDF)
The McGriddles is a breakfast sandwich sold by the international fast-food restaurant chain McDonald's. Introduced in 2003, it is available in the American, Turkish, Canadian, Polish, Japanese, Guatemalan, New Zealand, Singapore and Mexican markets.
The "standard" McGriddles sandwich consists of bacon, egg and American cheese served on a small pancake made with maple flavoring. Both the top and bottom griddle cakes are embossed with the McDonald's logo.
- Sausage, egg and cheese
- Bacon, egg, and cheese
- Scrapple, egg and cheese (served in the Philadelphia region)
- Spam, egg and cheese (served only in Hawaii as a promotional item)
- Chicken and cheese (in the Southeastern United States)
- Soaked with maple syrup (the only type served in Poland)
This product was mentioned at the end of Super Size Me, along with McDonald's promoted healthy options.
McDonald's joined right in, sponsoring events that showed how health conscious they had become and creating premium salads. At the same time, however, they also masterminded one of their fattest sandwiches to date: The McGriddle, a pancake-wrapped cake press that won my heart in Texas, but can pack as much fat as a Big Mac, and has more sugar than a pack of McDonaldland cookies.â€”Morgan Spurlock, Super Size Me
- Moskin, Julia. The Breakfast Wars. The New York Times. 10 January 2007. D1.
- McDonald's USA Nutrition Facts
- X-Entertainment article on McGriddles
- July 2, 2003 Flak Magazine on McGriddles