|Part of a series on|
|Lists of Frameworks and Libraries|
In January 2009, the engine then known as SquirrelFish Extreme (SFX) was enabled for Mac OS X on x86-64 architectures as it passes all tests on that platform by Apple Inc. Released June 30, 2009, Firefox 3.5 includes the optimization technique that offered "performance improvements ranging between 20 and 40 times faster" compared to Firefox 3 in some cases.
- Rhino, managed by the Mozilla Foundation, open source, developed entirely in Java
- V8 - open source, developed by Google in Denmark, part of Google Chrome
- Chakra, for Internet Explorer 9
- dyn.js, open source, written by Douglas Campos and others
- Nashorn, open source as part of OpenJDK, written by Oracle Java Languages and Tool Group
- Tamarin, by Adobe Labs
- Carakan, by Opera Software, used by Opera web browser version 10.50 until switching to V8 with Opera 14 (released in 2013).
- Futhark, by Opera Software, used by Opera web browser versions 9.50 to 10.10 until replaced by Carakan in Opera 10.50 (released March 2010).
- Narcissus open source, written by Brendan Eich, who also wrote SpiderMonkey
A dialect and an implementation are distinct: a dialect of a language is a significant variant of that language, while an implementation of a language (or dialect) executes a program written in that language (or dialect).
|Application||Dialect and latest version||ECMAScript edition|
and JScript extensions
|ECMA-262, edition 5.1|
- SunSpider â€“ Browser speed test
- Shankland, Stephen (2008-09-02). "Speed test: Google Chrome beats Firefox, IE, Safari". CNET Business Tech. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Big browser comparison test: Internet Explorer vs. Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome". PC Games Hardware. Computec Media AG. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Lifehacker Speed Tests: Safari 4, Chrome 2". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Shankland, Stephen (2008-09-02). "Third Chrome beta another notch faster". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Shankland, Stephen (2008-09-19). "Step aside, Chrome, for Squirrelfish Extreme". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2010-06-29.
- Shankland, Stephen (2008-09-03). "Firefox counters Google's browser speed test". CNET Business Tech. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2010-06-29.
- Garen, Geoffrey (2008-06-02). "Announcing SquirrelFish". Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- Lipskas, Vygantas (2008-06-11). "Apple Safari 4". Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Firefox 4 Vision: fast, powerful, and empowering".
- http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/apple-releases-safari-5-95817479.html Safari 5 Released
- Marius Oiaga (2010-03-20), "Internet Explorer 9 Beta Next â€“ New IE9 Builds Every 8 Weeks", softpedia.com (SoftNews NET SRL), retrieved 2010-06-28
- J. Laskey (2011-07-19), Adventures in JSR-292 or How To Be A Duck Without Really Trying, Oracle
- "Web specifications support in Opera Presto". Opera.com. Opera Software ASA. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Peacekeeper â€“ Browser speed test